Romance Answers

Teens ask. Teens answer.

Forum

Forum Home > Relationship Stuff > Jealousy

Renae Williams

So, I've been dating this boy for almost five weeks so far.  It seems to be going good and I think there may be something there.  But my best friend and I have been friends for a long time,  We usually hang out like, every day (especially during the summer).  She isn't real crazy about me having other plans with the new guy.  What do I do?

This may work into something with the new boyfriend, but I already love my best friend, and I know I would miss her if I can't figure this out!!  

June 9, 2011 at 3:55 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Katrina
Site Owner

One option you would have is to invite your Bestfriend to go places and hanging out with you and your boyfriend.  You might want to talk to your boyfriend about that before you do it though. 

You definitely shouldn't blow off your best friend just because you got a boyfriend, but she should understand that if she got a boyfriend she would want to spend time with him too.  :) Even on the days when you can't see your bestfriend you should still have a conversation with her (on the phone or on chat etc.) so she doesn't feel forgotten.  She will probably understand. :) Good luck!(:

--

~ Katrina ♥ Co-Author of Secrets to Your FairyTale Romance ~ For Teens

June 9, 2011 at 7:19 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Seth Earby
Administrator

Maybe you should tell her that your boyfriend and you do not get to se each other very often, and that you really want to spendtime.  Friends will figure it out, and in the meantime see if you cannot get the two to meet. Goodluck.

--

-Seth Earby Secrets to Your Fairytale Romance  Co-author

June 9, 2011 at 7:28 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Renae Williams

Thanks for replying so fast, Katrina and Seth.  Be sure to let me know if you think of anything else ;)

June 9, 2011 at 8:01 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Seth Earby
Administrator

We will.  Good luck!

--

-Seth Earby Secrets to Your Fairytale Romance  Co-author

June 9, 2011 at 8:21 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Katrina
Site Owner

But you have to be careful about spending too much time with your friend too...because if you spend more time with your best friend than you do with your boyfriend, chances are you won't have a boyfriend anymore because he will feel neglected and uncared for..  So he will eventually leave and find someone who cares for him.

--

~ Katrina ♥ Co-Author of Secrets to Your FairyTale Romance ~ For Teens

June 9, 2011 at 9:20 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.

Oops! This site has expired.

If you are the site owner, please renew your premium subscription or contact support.