Romance Answers

Teens ask. Teens answer.

Forum

Forum Home > Relationship Stuff > I just need advice. Not sure what to call this.

Tay11

So awhile back my boyfriend told me that while him and I were dating he liked one of my friends for a day. I told him it was okay and stuff but on the inside I was mad and sad. Well not to long ago he totally freaked out on me because he found out one of my close guy friends liked me. And he has been acting weird ever since then. And now he wants to say 'I love you' but he won't say it...

--

~TaylorJo~

June 26, 2011 at 1:02 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Katrina
Site Owner

It could be that he thinks you like that guy back.. It's odd that he would get so upset over just knowing that a guy likes you considering he himself was the one that liked one of your friends for the day.  It doesn't seem like the relationship is very sturdy.. You could probably do a few things:

1. Try to work things out and make him realize that you don't like that guy that said he liked you.

2. But on the other hand, if you do like that guy back, you should decide who you think you'd be happier with. 

3. If you stay with your current boyfriend you need to make sure that he doesn't like any other girls..because that would be stressful for you thinking that he might like other girls..and that he might cheat on you with them.

I hope everything works out okay for you:) Let us know if you need any more help with it or anything else!:)

--

~ Katrina ♥ Co-Author of Secrets to Your FairyTale Romance ~ For Teens

June 26, 2011 at 12:42 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Tay11

Thanks for the advice! And last night after I posted this, I was talking to him and we worked things out. I told him how much I loved him and that the guy who said he liked me was only just a friend and had nothing to worry about. He recently moved and it has been super hard for me because even though he told me he was just joking he kept saying he saw all these hot girls and stuff like that.

--

~TaylorJo~

June 26, 2011 at 4:27 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Seth Earby
Administrator

Well, naturally, when you here about someone liking your boyfriend or girlfrind the first thing that comes in mind is that he or she likes the person as well right?  That explains why you felt so uncomfortable with it at first.  That is totally understandable.  He just probably feels the same way.   The best thing I would do, if you truly want to be with this guy ,is reassure him that you do not want to be with him.  Tell him that you love the relationship you are in and are happy being with him.  I hope this helps be sure if you have any other questions ask us and we would love to know how things work out:) 

--

-Seth Earby Secrets to Your Fairytale Romance  Co-author

June 26, 2011 at 4:30 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Seth Earby
Administrator

Even though that may be a joke, I would advise him not to say that haha Im a jokester too, he may be joking and I am sure he is but that is something to risky to play around about.

--

June 26, 2011 at 4:33 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Katrina
Site Owner

That's totally disrespectful to you when he says that he sees hot girls..You could find a boyfriend who wouldn't say those kinds of things to you. Even if he is joking about it, he's still thinking it.

--

June 26, 2011 at 4:47 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Tay11

Yeah..you both have a point. It's just that, I told him how I felt about him saying stuff about all the hot girls he saw and what I basically told him was 'Well..if you're ever sick or anything and I can't be there to help you, maybe you could get one of those hot girls you see all the time who cant stand being apart from you! You know that bugs me!' and he said 'You took that all seriously?' So I just don't know. I am deeply in love with him and I can't break up with him. Things are a lot better because we are actually hanging out a lot more since he moved, but I just feel that he's kind of distant.

--

~TaylorJo~

June 26, 2011 at 5:41 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Katrina
Site Owner

Since you love him and don't want to break up with him, you'll just have to wait and see what happens. If he does more things like that in the future you might want to reconsider..

Best wishes to you both:)

--

June 26, 2011 at 10:59 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Seth Earby
Administrator

Yeah I understand, even the best guys could have small problems.   And that distancy is just a phase sometimes.  He may feel awkward about moving, or about what he was saying.  Guys are not very difficult, stubborn, but not difficult haha.  You just have to figure out what is wrong with us, which is usually simple, because we usually will not say ha.  And I would just tell him that it really hurts to picture him with other girls and that you dont want him with anyone else but you (in a not creepy controlling way though) and that imagining stuff like that bothers you and would he please stop. :) Try that and see how it goes :)

--

June 26, 2011 at 10:59 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Tay11

Thanks Katrina and Seth! Your advice really helped! Him and I are doing a lot better now:):) He's coming over this weekend:) I'm hoping everything will go alright!

--

~TaylorJo~

June 29, 2011 at 3:32 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Seth Earby
Administrator

Congratulations, I am glad we could help.:)

--

June 30, 2011 at 12:07 AM Flag Quote & Reply

John Zagar

I need help on how to get my girlfriend to not be mad at me anymore...idk what to do

July 19, 2011 at 11:11 AM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.

Oops! This site has expired.

If you are the site owner, please renew your premium subscription or contact support.