Romance Answers

Teens ask. Teens answer.


No Lies = Far Less Problems

Posted on June 5, 2011 at 3:54 PM

No Lies

When someone finds out they have been lied to, you can bet they're going to be pretty dang angry.  Especially if the one that lied to them is someone that they love.  It's best to avoid lying and making up stories all together.  Some pieces of advice on lying...




No man has a good enough memory to make a successful liar.  ~Abraham Lincoln.  What Old Abe means by this quote is that when you make up a lie, chances are you won't be able to remember what you said very well because it never actually happened.  The truth is always better because you don't have to strain to remember it.

A half truth is a whole lie.  ~Yiddish Proverb.  Yeah even little lies are lies.  *But it was like 95% the truth and 5% a little not so true - no big deal* Right? Wrong.  I guarantee that if someone finds out that little 5% they're going to freak out about it.  And they might not freak out so much about what that little 5% was about, but they're definitely going to be scared and not belive that the other 95% of your story was true.  Once you lie, your credibility and trustworthy-ness is damaged.

Those who think it is permissible to tell white lies soon grow color-blind.  ~Austin O'Malley.  A little lie could grow into a huge one.  Or your perspective of what is "little" could certianly grow also.

When you stretch the truth, watch out for the snapback.  ~Bill Copeland.  When the person you lied to discovered that you lied, they will snap back on you.  But hey, you lied, so you kind of deserved it.  Seriously, you know what they say about Karma....

All in all, honesty really is the best policy.  Not only will you feel bad about yourself after you've lied to someone that you love (or anyone for that matter..), but you will also have to deal with the pain of what comes after the one you lied to finds out that you lied.  Save yourself the trouble and just be honest. 




Categories: None

Post a Comment


Oops, you forgot something.


The words you entered did not match the given text. Please try again.

You must be a member to comment on this page. Sign In or Register


Oops! This site has expired.

If you are the site owner, please renew your premium subscription or contact support.